EDD Dropshipping Server y EDD Dropshipping Client are developed to be compatible with EDD Software Licenses. In this FAQ, we will describe and explain some of the cases that may present themselves, which will depend on your configuration.
This is one of the most important points in the Dropshipping process, and we will try to explain and clarify any questions you may have in this tutorial.
The first thing to consider is that, on the site where the Dropshipping Server is installed, the owner of the products must have installed the EDD Software License, and must have enabled the creation of licenses for the products. Let’s see some examples.
- If the owner of the Dropshipping Server did not enable automatic license creation, the Reseller will not be able to activate it on his or her site.
- If the owner of the Dropshipping Server enabled automatic creation of licenses, the Reseller can also activate it on his or her own site.
- If the owner of the Dropshipping Server enabled the automatic creation of licenses, but the Reseller decides not to activate it, the license will be generated only on the Dropshipping Server.
- The license generated during the product sale will be the same on both sites.
- When the license expires on the site where the Dropshipping Server was installed, the download link generated after the purchase of a product in the Dropshipping Client will be hidden until the license is renewed again.
Abbreviations of terms for easier reading:
- EDD Dropshipping Server = Server
- EDD Dropshipping Client = Client
- EDD Software Licenses = EDD SL
1.- Server and Client with EDD SL installed
When the final customer makes a purchase of some product and/or service, the licenses will be automatically generated on the Client, which will be validated with the normal functioning of the EDD SL. When the Server processes the payment, the licenses and keys will be the same that were generated on the Client. When this license expires, the download line will be removed from the Reseller site, so the buyer will have to purchase again or renew their license to get the download link again and continue receiving automatic updates.
2.- Server with EDD SL and Client without EDD SL
When the final customer makes a purchase of some product and/or service – after the payment is processed from the Client to the Server via Stripe – the license will be generated directly on the Server. When this license expires, the download link will be removed from the Reseller site, so the buyer will have to purchase again or renew their license to get the download link again and continue receiving automatic updates.
3.- Server without EDD SL and Client with EDD SL
If the Server doesn’t have the EDD SL installed, the Reseller is forced to sell the products and/or services imported from the Server without a license.
4.- Server product without licenses.
If the Server Administrator does not activate license creation on one of their products, the Reseller won’t be able to activate license creation for that product imported from the server and will be forced to sell it without a license