This tutorial describes and explains what is preload and how to activate it. It is an important feature of Flash Cache plugin feature, available here.
What is preload?
Preload it’s a process to create the cache of all public pages of the website based on the patterns created, thus maintaining a site-wide cache for all users to enjoy excellent loading speed of any page of the website.
To setup and activate preload function you should go to: WP Dashboard → Flash Cache → Preload tab.
- Execute Preload: It’s a bottom which allows execute the preload without wait for the Time per Preload, this bottom is only accessible if the preload is active.
- Enable Preload: Allows activate or deactivate the preload process.
- Cache Taxonomies: By activating this option the preload process will create cache of every public taxonomies (Categories or Tags) which can be accessed by the users in the website.
- Number of pages per execution: The preload process is separated by different processes to avoid the collapse of the website. With this option you can set the number of pages which will create a cache object for every execution of the preload process.
- Time per Preload: Is the time in seconds for the next execution of the preload alter finishing the previous execution.