The Add-on will use the Settings and the campaign data using Google Image, Flickr or Pixabay to obtain the image to be published automatically.
How it works
Retrieve first image from Google Images, Flickr or Pixabay with API keys, based on the post title words and add a picture as the featured thumbnail when WPeMatico publishes the post.
In Settings you can configure general settings for your automatics images : Image bank, language search, image type, free-to-use or not, image size and much more.
In each campaign, you can:
- Activate or not the feature to automatically generate the thumbnail.
- Choose which database you want to search for pictures for the posts generated by this campaign.
- Select Replace the image of the post or just use the feature if the post has no image.
To use the Google Images API, it’s required to provide your own Google Search engine ID and API Key. You must follow the process here. You must get both valid Search engine ID and API Key.
To use Pixabay, it’s required to provide your own username and api key. You can register in Pixabay website here and get api username/key here
**Take in mind:**
Our plans are to continue the support for this plugin always, but as all automated process using external websites or API Keys from third parties services, it may be possible to change its services and stops this plugin to work properly.
= Requirements =
As WPeMatico Add-on requires WPeMatico core plugin installed and activated.
PHP 5.3 or higher
= Installation =
You can either install it automatically from the WordPress admin with Add New Plugin item, or upload it manually:
1. Unzip plugin archive and put the folder into your plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/).
2. Activate the plugin from the WPeMatico Extensions menu.
We’ve taken code and ideas borrowed from other plugins under GPL as Auto Media Insertion, Magic Post Thumbnail and WPeMatico Boilerplate Addon among others.